SEARCH
Aug 25 2008, 4:55 pm
By: Demented Shaman  

Aug 25 2008, 4:55 pm Demented Shaman Post #1



Ah, good day to you kind administration of staredit.net. I'm experiencing a rather irritating dilemma. As part of a very important task, I find myself in need of this site's search function. While I acknowledge that the search function that has been provided to me free of charge is quite well designed, there is a particular point that I think could use improvement. You see, the search page only displays one page of results, and inquiring about older occurrences of the keywords I desire has proven quite difficult if not impossible. I would be eternally grateful if a solution could be reached, as this project is very important to me. Other users of this site could benefit as well, I'm certain.

Thank you kindly for your time and attention,

(U) Donkey Punch

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 25 2008, 5:02 pm by Doodan. Reason: fixing some typos



None.

Aug 25 2008, 5:31 pm Demented Shaman Post #2



Quote from Doodan
This post was edited 1 times, last edit by Doodan: 29 minutes ago. Reason being: fixing some typos
LOL "typos"



None.

Aug 25 2008, 8:36 pm Brontobyte Post #3



Quote from name:IsolatedPurity
Things to know: The squeaky wheel gets the grease
Forums are DONE. Well, done as in I'm leaving the area to do other things.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. After awhile, I'll generally leave the area alone and not do any work on it until I revisit.
Currently working on: DLDB tools for the DLDB managers. Probably the DLDB in general as well.
Next in line: Message center, Mod night, Wiki

Wait your turn. :-_-:



None.

Aug 25 2008, 11:57 pm StrikerX22 Post #4



Quote from Brontobyte
Wait your turn. :-_-:

Don't inhibit progress. It's up to them to decide if they wanna take a break from one thing and work on something else occasionally, especially if it happens to turn out not to be too hard. That's just a general idea of what's done. And this would be considered a problem. And you don't need to say that on every issue brought up, ya know. =P



None.

Aug 26 2008, 12:28 pm Symmetry Post #5

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:IsolatedPurity
Things to know: The squeaky wheel gets the grease
Forums are DONE. Well, done as in I'm leaving the area to do other things.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. After awhile, I'll generally leave the area alone and not do any work on it until I revisit.
Currently working on: DLDB tools for the DLDB managers. Probably the DLDB in general as well.
Next in line: Message center, Mod night, Wiki

Wait your turn. :-_-:

I don't see 'Search' in there anywhere.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Aug 26 2008, 7:13 pm Matt Burch Post #6



Then post "Fix search" in http://www.staredit.net/topic/2177/



None.

Aug 26 2008, 9:28 pm Brontobyte Post #7



Quote from name:Debardus
Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:IsolatedPurity
Things to know: The squeaky wheel gets the grease
Forums are DONE. Well, done as in I'm leaving the area to do other things.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. After awhile, I'll generally leave the area alone and not do any work on it until I revisit.
Currently working on: DLDB tools for the DLDB managers. Probably the DLDB in general as well.
Next in line: Message center, Mod night, Wiki

Wait your turn. :-_-:

I don't see 'Search' in there anywhere.

Exactly. :rolleyes:



None.

Aug 27 2008, 12:18 pm Symmetry Post #8

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:Debardus
Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:IsolatedPurity
Things to know: The squeaky wheel gets the grease
Forums are DONE. Well, done as in I'm leaving the area to do other things.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. After awhile, I'll generally leave the area alone and not do any work on it until I revisit.
Currently working on: DLDB tools for the DLDB managers. Probably the DLDB in general as well.
Next in line: Message center, Mod night, Wiki

Wait your turn. :-_-:

I don't see 'Search' in there anywhere.

Exactly. :rolleyes:

So:

a) Why did you arbitrarily bold the last line?
b) What's your point?
c) Read the first line. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Devilesk is making the search function error apparent so IP will know there is something to be fixed.
d) Stop being a troll.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Aug 27 2008, 12:46 pm Moose Post #9

Armor: 90.50%

Quote from StrikerX22
Quote from Brontobyte
Wait your turn. :-_-:
Don't inhibit progress.
I know, right? I was going to add pages to the search until Supreme Lord Brontobyte said it has to wait.




Aug 27 2008, 7:11 pm StrikerX22 Post #10



Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from StrikerX22
Quote from Brontobyte
Wait your turn. :-_-:
Don't inhibit progress.
I know, right? I was going to add pages to the search until Supreme Lord Brontobyte said it has to wait.

Well, he is the one with the Mudkipz av.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n